1. A clinical study found out that the sea-buckthorn can
be used successfully for patients suffering from liver cirrhosis as a medicine
for treatment and prevention.
2. Scientists found out that dietary supplements
containing extracts of blueberry and sea-buckthorn have positive effects on
children suffering from the 1st type of diabetes. Level of glycosylated haemoglobin decreased
significantly for these patients, therefore, antioxidants should be considered as
usable for therapy of the 1st type diabetes.
3. Scientists discovered that the sea-buckthorn also
plays an important role in the treatment of breast cancer, thanks to its
ability to reduce oxidative stress-induced effects.
4. Investigations showed that the consumption of
sea-buckthorn stone-fruit does not prevent colds or the presence of a digestive
tract infection, but reduces C-reactive protein (inflammation marker) level in
serum and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
5. It was shown that the juice of sea-buckthorn being
so rich with antioxidants can reduce the risk of heart and cardiovascular
system diseases. In plasma of patients blood, density of high-density
lipoprotein and concentration of triacilglicerol was increased. This juice can
prevent also oxidation of low-density lipoprotein.